News on the new Microsoft Dynamics GP 2018 new features
News on the new Microsoft Dynamics GP 2018 new features.
We’re trilled to be one of the first to provide a more in-depth overview on the new features within Microsoft Dynamics GP 2018 ERP. With a scheduled release date of December 1, 2017, Microsoft Dynamics GP ERP has a great looking future with a detailed GP roadmap (Great Plains) and continual investments from Microsoft for this strong mid-market ERP system. Since Dynamics GP is a mature application, you will see now, and into the future, more and more focus on User Experience and user requested functions, rather than major releases of new modules or other core functions and capabilities. We believe that this is a “great thing to see” in an ERP, where stability, flexibility and scalability are important. Learn more about Endeavour Solutions for Microsoft Dynamics GP consulting and support in Canada and USA at GP Upgrade.
Top Microsoft Dynamics GP 2018 new features
Dynamics GP 2018 Additional User Requested Functions
- SmartList Favourites with unique password protection. Great for sharing as read-only.
- Checks and Cheques have been renamed as Payments as seen in Payables Transaction windows. This reflects the common term for ETF vs Cheque.
- Copy user access settings and security across AA dimension codes. Therefore saving time on setting up new users.
- A variety of new Sort functions for the Receivables Transaction Inquiry window – by Type, document number, amount, amount remaining, document date, etc.
- Ability to Print and Email a single statement from the customer card as seen to the right.
- Ability to print Purchase Requisition.
- User experience updates to the Dynamics GP web client including ‘type ahead auto-complete’. Great for cloud-hosted users.
- Additional sorting options for Bank Reconciliations. Therefore saving time in monthly bank rec.
- Even greater integration and accelerators for Power BI with the new GP 2018 Power BI Content Pack. (coming soon)
Dynamics GP 2018 Workflow v 4.0
- New workflow approvals for General Ledger Accounts and Purchase Invoice
- Workflow now exists for almost all areas including batch approvals for Purchasing, Payroll, Project, Payables, Sales, System Security and Vendor management.
- Ability to copy workflow steps and settings.
- Additional fields for PO and Payables transaction workflow.
- Reminder e-mails for Workflow to help keep approvals on task.
Dynamics GP 2018 Improved DocAttach (Document Attachment)
- Add, View and Modify attachments on most master record windows, inquiry windows and transaction entry windows.
- Document Attach icon is now shown within the Ribbon on most transaction and inquiry screens including:
- GP Document Attachment on Receivables Entry
- Document Attachment in General Ledger Entry
- Document Attachment on Employee Inquiry
- GP Display Vendor notes on Vendor Inquiry
- Display Customer notes on Customer Inquiry
- Project Notes screens in Project Inquiry and PA Project Inquiry
- Document Attach in Asset General Information (FA) (Fixed Assets).
Endeavour Solutions has been working with Microsoft Dynamics GP Canada for over 28-years to advise and help progressive organizations improve their business processes, operational efficiency and overall performance by leveraging the power of Microsoft Dynamics GP ERP. Underpinning each project is our belief that a strong ERP or CRM is only as good at the data within it. Based on this concept, our team at Endeavour strives to ask “why” and “how” to uncover the true processes and business insights that will help drive innovation within your business. Meet our team www.endeavoursolutions.ca/about-us
Endeavour Solutions Canada is a Microsoft Gold ERP and Microsoft Silver Cloud & CRM Partner focusing on development, implementation, upgrades, support and training for Dynamics GP ERP and Dynamics 365 CRM as well as Office 365 and Microsoft Power BI.